You may find it useful to enable detailed errors logging in AppServerX.xml file in the following cases:
- providing more details for WebSpellChecker support requests
- getting more details on issues and health diagnostics.
When enabling detailed logging, you need to ensure that the size of the log directory does not take too much disk space. Besides, we don’t recommend you to have the logging enabled on a permanent basis. We also advise you to clear the logs directory content in a timely manner. For more details on disk space usage, refer to WebSpellChecker Hardware Requirements section.
To enable detailed logging of errors in AppServer:
1. Stop AppServer.
2. Navigate to AppServer folder and open the AppServerX.xml file for editing.
3. Locate the Log tag. Inside this tag, find PrioritizationLevel tag and change the level of logging from information to debug as shown below:
<Log> <PrioritizationLevel>debug</PrioritizationLevel> </Log>
4. Save changes and start AppServer for the changes to take effect.
You can access and review the messages in the AppServer/Log files directory later. Also, you can create a .zip archive of the entire directory and send it to the support team for review.
Enabling advanced logging options
You can also enable additional logging options to get more information from your logs. Refer to a code sample description of AppServerX.xml file below for details.
<Log> <!-- Size parameter defines the maximum size of the AppServerX.log file in kilobytes. If the maximum size is reached, a new log file will be created and the previous one will be saved with appropriate time stamp (log rotation). --> <Size>10000</Size> <!-- Log prioritization level. Possible values (from the highest priority to the lowest): none, fatal, critical, error, warning, notice, information, debug, trace. The default is "information" --> <PrioritizationLevel>information</PrioritizationLevel> <!-- Possible values: all or general, threadpool, licensing, failsafe, selector, responder or values delimited by comma(,). The default is "all" --> <Subsystems>all</Subsystems> </Log>
In code sample above:
- Size tag is used to define to the maximum file of AppServerX.log file in kilobytes.
- Subsystems tag is used to specify the logs filter. Each log entry is generated by a particular system. You can use one of the available options to enable recording the logs for the selected subsystem only. By default, all value is selected meaning all subsystems record their messages into the log files directory.