Use this guide to change the default license directory to a custom one.
1. Install the latest package using the Installation guides.
Skip the license activation step.
2. After successful installation, stop AppServer.
3. Navigate to the AppServer folder and open the AppServerX.xml file for editing.
4. Add the PathToServiceFilesDirectory tag to the root tag of AppServerX.xml and specify a path to the license directory.
<!-- The path to the license file. The default path for Windows is C:/License, for Linux-based environments is /opt/License. --> <PathToServiceFilesDirectory>/opt/License</PathToServiceFilesDirectory>
5. Save changes and start AppServer for the changes to take effect.
6. Activate licensing using one of the Licensing guides.
Upon successful license activation, you should find a new folder /wsc/license/ with the license.xml file in it.